Thomas & Hutton
is a growing, well-established multi-disciplined engineering firm providing consulting services throughout the southeast. We are an award-winning company that has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Georgia and South Carolina. Some of our many services include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a motivated, dependable and driven graphic designer to join our Savannah, GA office. This position is responsible for assisting with the production of exhibits, maps and graphic related materials in both print and digital format. This position is with the Graphics Department but will assist all services within Thomas & Hutton.
Typical duties include:
- Produce accurate base maps and drawings as directed using AutoCAD Civil 3D (current edition), Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Create highly legible and aesthetic maps, exhibits and detailed drawings from sketches, plans, specifications and written/verbal instructions using both computer-drafting software and graphic design software.
- Commitment to produce graphics that meet Thomas & Hutton standards
Required knowledge, education, and skills:
Education: Minimum of high school, technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years experience in the field of engineering, architecture, or landscape architecture, or similar, using AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, and/or Autodesk Civil 3D software, along with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with motion graphic software is a plus
- Experience with Sketchup and/or other 3-Dimensional drawing programs is a plus
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid drivers license in good standing
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri with occasional evenings and weekend work
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects and meet deadlines; often with short time frames
Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Huttons Mission Statement, Relationships and Solutions for Success describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the Best Places to Work in South Carolina and Georgia by SCBIZ and Georgia Trend, and named One of the best Civil Engineering firms to work for by CE News/Zweig White.
What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisers to our clients. Visit www.thomasandhutton.com to learn more.
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
Some of our many benefits include:
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Professional Development Benefits
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese