Loading some great jobs for you...
SWC CAD Operator
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Full-Time,Non-Exempt With Full Benefit Package
Primary Role: Responsible for carrying out all company goals and objectives as it relates to this position. Successfully interfaces with all departments of company, (sales, operations, and accounting) to provide accurate drawings/documentation of installed customer systems. Also works with pre-sales to provide drawings for proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with system engineers to develop a comprehensive set of system drawings and project documentation for assigned projects
2. Assist Sales Department during the sales process by providing drawings for submittals/quotations
3. Provide Sales and Technical staff with drafting support on both a pre and post-sales basis
4. Update system drawings to generate as-builts
5. Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers
6. Comply with company policies, as well as health and safety issues
7. Promote a team environment
8. Other duties as required or assigned by company management
The CAD Operator will be accountable to the Engineering Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
The CAD Operator shall possess a minimum of a two-year degree in the field of CAD technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and be familiar with developing layouts from schematics. Experience with AutoCAD 2014 or newer required. Must be proficient with sheet set manager. Must be able to generate and maintain custom tool bars and tool palettes. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel. Experience with LISP routines a plus. Experience with Electronic/Communication/Life Safety systems a plus.
Travel:Minimal travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
3. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
6. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
8. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
9. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
10. Valid and current drivers license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Some light lifting of objects is required.
3. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...