As part of the Smith & Nephew Human Factors team the Junior Industrial Designer will contribute to design efforts across a number of Smith & Nephew's life changing device programs. You will:
* Design and develop new medical device products and services in collaboration with internal product development teams.
* Leverage user-centered research and human factors requirements to generate product concepts.
* Assess and inform user experiences associated with medical device hardware and software.
* Design within the constraints of manufacturing and cost.
* Evaluate and assess competitive devices and product offerings.
* Stay current on trends associated with medical devices and systems.
Travel Up to 25%
* Minimum 4-year BSc in Industrial Design
* Proficiency in Solidworks, Rhino3D, Keyshot, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
* Strong sketching skills and ability to visually communicate ideas and design intent
* Strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal
* Understanding of product manufacturing processes
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team environment
* Knowledge and understanding of Human Factors-Usability
* You know and care about the business
* You focus on the customer
* You build positive relationships
* You Embraces Innovation and Change Management
* You deliver on commitments
* You value People
* Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project and Visio
* Preferred: Adobe Creative Suite, 3D CAD (Rhino 3D, Solidworks), KeyShot
* Build and maintain internal relationships
* This role will predominantly involve communication with other functions at a similar level and functional managers of other departments.
* You will take advice regarding overall strategic direction on projects from HF Director. Requires little to no supervision in day to day activity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.