This Co-op position is designed to support a student's current education and give them the opportunity to get hands on exposure to day-to-day operations. This position will work with engineering and materials groups to document and revise new and current designs of welding and plasma cutting systems with in Miller Electric Mfg. Co.
* Collaborate with the Tech Pub department, Engineering, Service, and Marketing teams to create and revise Owner's Manuals, Technical Manuals, and Field Instructions.
* Participate in Documentation Technician meetings to stay informed of and implement changes to documentation standards.
Under the Direction of an experienced Miller Engineer or Lab Technician, assist with the following:
* Duties include but are not limited to: modification and creation of drawings, models, engineering spec sheets, schematics, test sheets, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), parts entries, and Bills of Material (BOM).
* Be the documentation liaison between the Engineering, Materials, Marketing, Service, and Accounting departments as well as internal and external suppliers.
* Pursuing two-year technical degree in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical Technology, or related field.
* The individual must possess great communication and prioritization skills, be a self-starter, work very efficiently with minimum supervision, and perform well in a team-oriented environment.
* The individual must be organized, very detail oriented, and willing to seek out information to ensure full and accurate documentation.
* Must have the ability to dynamically balance between multiple tasks.
* The individual must be very computer proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and possess experience with 2D and 3D modeling.
* Experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks.
* Experience with Exact Macola, Omnify Empower, and Magic Software Platform.
* 2 year technical degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent
* 1+ year of experience
* Work well in a business unit team environment with minimum supervision
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Macola, Magic, SolidWorks and AutoCAD applications with the ability to write accurate and concise reports
* Understand Bill of Materials, be able to read prints/schematics/diagrams and understand assembly/layout drawings