Job Title: CAD Designer
Job Code: SIS20190###-####3
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
* Provide CAD support (PTC Creo) to engineers and designers
* Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation
* Manage and control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
* Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders
* Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Proficient with 3D CAD tools, specifically PTC Creo Parametric.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
* Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
* Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Previous experience in supporting the design of ground structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures
* Active TS/SCI security clearance highly desired
Please be aware this position requires the ability to obtain a Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r?sum? for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r?sum?, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.