Job DescriptionGENERAL OBJECTIVES
Assist and support the design team with all the tasks necessary to achieve the goals of the team.
* Assist design team with projects. Help select fabrics, draw floor plans, participate on in-home consultations when necessary.
* Coordinate with the design team to provide exceptional service to customers, before and after the sale.
* Monitor customer order status, including any delays, keeping the Design Team Manager and customer informed.
* Support the design team with administrative needs.
* Work cooperatively in maintaining a neat and orderly Design Center projection.
* Provide backup coverage for receptionist and other administrative positions as needed.
* Maintain and update master price pages, samples and related design resources.
* Facilitate the ordering of memo fabric swatches for design team's clients.
* Assist customers as directed.
* Perform other duties as required
Education/Experience: A minimum of two years, combined, practical interior design experience and/or interior design education degree, from an accredited institution. Some experience in sales and interior design preferred.
Other Requirements: Strong organizational and verbal skills. Ability to work with others in a team setting. Positive attitude and high energy with a desire to learn the interior design business. Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
Mandarin an asset