Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our
employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of
our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a CAD Administrator
with experience in document administration in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team in Corpus Christi, TX!Role Summary:
Responsible for assuring that drawings and other project documents related to projects are developed in accordance with Company standards and incorporating Company Recommended Practices. Responsible to assure that documents are received, logged, archived,
and retrievable in accordance with Company practices.Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Work with various Project Managers and engineering groups in order to develop, update, archive, and retrieve Standards and Recommended Practices documents for Company projects.
- Work with Project Managers to develop and transmit background information packages pertinent to the development of project documents.
- Respond to field requests and answer any questions related to drafting or engineering documents.
- Maintain and review project drawings and drafts based on requirements and archive into Company system.
- Support in house design projects as needed.
- Ensure execution of design review processes and obtain required electronic sign-off by appropriate parties on all drafting documents.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with field employees and outside parties. When working with outside contractors, ensure that any external documents (i.e. drafting standards, etc.) are stored and reviewed for errors and meet all Buckeye
- Act as primary point of contact for questions, concerns or issues regarding drafting and engineering documents for the field.
- And other duties as assigned.
Certificates & Licenses:Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate s Degree in Drafting Design or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years related experience required in document administration required.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD and proficiency using Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience reading schematics and engineering documents required.
- File management/ systems experience a plus.
- Background in technical writing a plus.
- Understanding and use of CADWorx a plus.
- Database management and maintenance experience a plus.
- Pipeline industry knowledge or experience preferred
- In order to be successful in this position, one must be detail-oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, this position requires extensive computer use, good visual acuity with color perception, and effective hand/eye coordination.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- The incumbent in this role must wear Fire Retardant Clothing (FRC) and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with
internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.About Us:
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers
of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.