Facilities AutoCAD Specialist
LocationSan Diego - CA, USEntityASML US, LLC
Experience2-5 ProfessionalFunctional AreaFacility Management BackgroundOther- Technical TravelReferencereq7994
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. ? 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are currently seeking a Facilities AutoCAD Specialist to join our Facilities team in San Diego. In this position you will work closely with the facilities design and project managers to support all related department activities. The AutoCAD Specialist will develop concept sketches and prepares detailed AutoCAD drawings and equipment specifications provided by Project Managers. The AutoCAD Specialist will ensure all files are in standard format including naming, external references, layering and design standards.
The Facilities AutoCAD Specialist will be responsible for daily management of Facilities project documentation not limited to but including AutoCAD files, Master Project list, RFP templates and all project process documentation. The Facilities AutoCAD Specialist will implement file check-out and check-in procedures, standardize format for Project Folders and manage the Shared Drive access and files. The Facilities AutoCAD Specialist shall ensures the data accuracy of all systems and files.
* Assist the Facilities team in all aspects of project documentation as needed
* Uses AutoCAD and/or hand sketches to assist Project Managers designing new systems
* Exceptional AutoCAD skills and considered team AutoCAD expert
* Converts existing files to company standards
* Incorporates hardcopy construction as-builts into document control file system and AutoCAD
* Assist others in Facility department with maintain a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be retained in the document control center.
* Manage the operation of the document control center to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
* Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
* Maintain a AutoCAD database of all filed documentation that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
* Maintain and manage hard copy and electronic documents including all project documentation.
* Maintain complete and accurate documentation and files.
* Track and update design history files, technical files and change documentation as needed.
* Document management includes:
o Engineering Drawings & Specifications
o Engineering Standards
o CAD files
o Inspection reports
o Test Procedures
o Work Instructions
o Internal Equipment Manuals
o Material Specifications
o Confidentiality Agreements
* Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications
* Assists with office moves, furniture/office space planning and relocations layouts
* Provides AutoCAD assistance, training and guidance to other team members
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Preferred four (4) year college degree in architecture, drafting, facility management, project management or engineering. With AS or no degree- minimum 8-10 years in related AutoCAD experience
* Experience reading and preparing architectural and construction drawings, P&ID's, and detail and assembly mechanical drawings using AutoCAD.
* Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications.
* Ability to take measurements in the field.
* AutoCAD Certified Professional by Autodesk desirable
* Experience with AutoCAD
* Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others. Acts proactively to customer needs.
* Must be a team player, driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a \"can-do, jo job too big or small\" attitude
* Exercise judgment and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters
* Provides analysis of own work assignments and executes to the operational plan
* Must be available for occasional overtime and weekend hours as needed
* Professional behavior and appearance at all times
* Must be able to work under deadlines
* Must possess a valid driver's license
AutoCAD, architecture, drafting, facility management, engineering
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Facilities AutoCAD Specialist reads build plans, manages electronic document files, project manager, multitasker